Monday, January 17, 2011

29 Gifts - How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life

After taking a break from making aprons, I've come back to my blog to take the 29 Gifts Challenge. I've been giving gifts informally for awhile now, and then I found Cami Walker's book, 29 Gifts, How a Month of Giving Can Change Your Life. So today I'll officially start and write a post about each gift.

Day 1 - I have a new boss at work and to be honest, I don't like him very much. He's a nice enough guy, but there is just something about him that rubs me the wrong way. So this morning I decided that my gift for the day is to try really hard to see things from his perspective. He came into my office to talk, and instead of being stubborn and tuning him out, I gave him my undivided attention and LISTENED to him. What I realized is that he has a boss, too, who is giving him tasks to accomplish, and he needs my help to be successful. My gift of listening may be the first step in being happier at work!

No comments:

Post a Comment